KOAN is an established law firm with offices in Brussels and Paris, serving national and international clients locally and worldwide. It is a one stop shop for specialist legal advice in a fast moving technological and digital environment.
Due to the expanding business in our Commercial & Distribution law practice, we are currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious junior associate.
KOAN’s lawyers are well acquainted with commercial law in its broadest sense: commercial distribution, international sales, national and international contracts in media, sports; ICT, e-commerce as well as international partnerships, management contracts, investment contracts and management of conflicts between creditors; (un)fair business practices and consumer protection, product liability issues.. The team’s extensive knowledge of distribution law, especially in the automotive sector, covers both litigation and legal counselling.
The successful candidate will:
- have minimum 3 years experience in corporate and transactional law, ideally gained in an international environment;
- 3 years admitted to the Bar;
- have an open personality, be enthusiastic and dynamic;
- be dedicated, willing to achieve and with the goal to excel;
- be proficient in English, have a perfect command of French and a good command of Dutch. A work experience in English is an advantage;
- be articulate and confident and have a pro-active approach to case management;
- be team-oriented and commit to contribute to a positive team environment;
- be interested in supporting business development activities and take initiatives to expand the business
- provide commercial and legal advice to the client;
- demonstrating thorough market knowledge to identify current trends and concerns in the relevant industry sectors:
- opportunities to contribute to the development of – and to play an important role in a fast-growing practice;
- interesting and challenging work for an international and varied clientele from start-ups to globally listed companies;
- time and resources for your professional development and career planning;
- feedback, follow-up and partner assistance;
- attractive remuneration and benefits
Interested candidates are invited to send their motivation letter and resume to [email protected].
All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.