Have you ever heard of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)? Or the E-Privacy Directive? No?
These constitute the biggest changes to the EU data protection regime since 1995 and are very likely to impact your company, its structure and business substantially.
- Strict obligations and increased liabilities have been imposed for collecting and processing of personal data;
- Data Protection Officers must be appointed if a company conducts large scale systematic monitoring or processes large amounts of sensitive personal data;
- Swift reactions are required with regard to data protection issues;
- Specific rules have been determined on the right to data portability, right to be forgotten, right to object to profiling;
The Data Protection Authorities will also have more effective enforcement powers with higher fines (up to 4% of total annual worldwide turnover or € 20.000.000).
The GDPR will come into effect on 25 May 2018.
You thus still have some time to make your company GDPR-proof.
It is not self evident to find your way in the new data protection and privacy legislation.
We at KOAN are equipped to guide you and make your company GDOPR Proof.
Moreover , Data Protection is not only about prevention. Personal data have become a valuable asset for companies. Our experienced data protection and privacy team at KOAN has developed different tools and programs to assist companies, from start-ups to multinational groups, in their privacy strategies and make these a success story.
In relation with the new GDPR and E-Privacy Directive KOAN’s GDPR team offers the following services:
- A free of charge interactive intake meeting to identify the inbound and outbound flux of personal data ;
- A full GDPR compliance assessment and report;
- Assist you with the implementation of the necessary measures;
- Tailor-made back-office support, follow-up and monitoring.
For an appointment for a free of charge interactive intake meeting or any further question: contact our Data Protection & Privacy Team on [email protected]