This page has been last updated on 18 May, 2017 and contains :
(I) General information about KOAN Law Firm ( sections 1-2);
(II) Terms and conditions applicable on the use of the website www.koan.law ( section 3);
(III) Terms and conditions applicable on KOAN Law Firm's legal services (section 4);
(V) General provisions (sections 10-11).
I. GENERAL INFORMATION ON KOAN
1. Company details
KOAN Law Firm CVBA/SCRL is a cooperative companywith limited liability, organized and existing under Belgian law (hereinafter “KOAN Law Firm”).
KOAN Law Firm has its registered office atTerhulpsesteenweg/Chaussée de la Hulpe, 166 in B-1170 Brussels, Belgium.
KOAN Law Firm operates under the VAT number BE0654.768.707 and is registered with the Belgian Crossroads Bank of Enterprisesunder number 0654.768.707.
KOAN Law Firm can be contacted at:
Ch. de la Hulpe 166 Terhulpsesteenweg
Tel: +32 2 566 90 00
e-mail: [email protected]
The lawyers of KOAN Law Firm are registeredwith the Brussels Bar (Belgium) and/or the Paris Bar (France) and/or the SeniorCourts of England & Wales (UK).
The professional rules of conduct applicableto KOAN Law Firm’s lawyers can be consulted via:
- www.baliebrussel.be (Brussels Bar Dutch version);
- www.barreaudebruxelles.be (BrusselsBar French version);
- http://sra.org.uk/solicitors/handbook/code/content.page (UK)
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE ON THE USE OF THE WEBSITE.
3.Use of the website www.koan.law
The website www.koan.law contains generalinformation about KOAN Law Firm.
Although KOAN LawFirm regularly updates the content of its website, it may not always reflectthe most recent legal developments, legislation or case-law.
None of the contentmay be considered as legal advice, legal opinion or any form of legalassistance and KOAN Law Firm will not accept any liability in this respect. Youshould consult a qualified legal expert before making decisions and/or taking actionsthat may affect your business or any other professional or personal interestsyou may have.
Inclusion ofthird-party content or links to other sites do not imply a recommendation orendorsement of any kind.
KOAN Law Firm cannotbe held liable for any third-party content that may be accessed through thiswebsite.
KOAN Law Firm holdsall copyrights on the design and contents of the website www.koan.law. Any reproduction, in whole or in part, of the KOAN LawFirm website or its contents in whatever form, including photocopy,photography, microfilm, magnetic strip, disc or other electronic means, otherthan for personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without the prior writtenapproval of KOAN Law Firm. Permission to reproduce parts of the content of thiswebsite for individual use does not extend to the incorporation of the materialin any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic or any other form.Should you wish to use content of this website, please contact [email protected].
III. TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE ON LEGAL SERVICES
4. Client- attorney relationship
KOAN Law firm’s legalservices are governed by specific terms and conditions which will madeavailable to the (prospective) client in an engagement statement/letter on orprior to delivering the specific required services.
KOAN Law Firm considers the(prospective) client’s mere instructions to proceed as including his/her/itsimplicit agreement with the present General Terms and Conditions and thespecific terms and conditions provided in the engagement statement/letter.
In the event ofcontradiction between any of the provisions in the present General Terms andConditions and any of those provided for in the engagement statement/letter,the latter will prevail.
4.2.1. Informationsubmitted to KOAN Law Firm by - or in relation to - clients or prospectiveclients within the context of a professional relationship, fall within thescope of legal privilege.
KOAN Law firm takesall measures and precautions at hand to keep confidential information at alltimes strictly confidential and shall not disclose such information, except if:
- The disclosure ispermitted by the client;
- The information isalready in the public domain;
- The disclosure isdone to another law firm collaborating with KOAN Law firm in the context of amission, to any of the client’s appointed advisors and in general to any other consultant, advisor or any other third party of whom KOAN Law firm deems the assistanceor intervention necessary or relevant for the good performanceof its obligations in the context of its mission;
- The disclosure isimposed by applicable laws and/or professional rules of conduct. Please note in this respect that anti-money laundering legislation and professional conduct rules impose on KOAN LawFirm a strict obligation to obtain adequate and sufficiently detailedinformation about the (prospective) client’s identity, respectively the ultimate beneficialowners of a corporate client, as well as about the origin of any funds that are - or are intended to be - transferred in the framework of any matter inwhich KOAN Law Firm provides legal assistance. KOAN Law Firm is obliged to immediatelyreport any indication or suspicion of any money laundering operation and/or ofany financial operation in relation to terrorist activities with full disclosureof the relevant elements including the (prospective) client’s identity and - if the case may be - that of its ultimate beneficial owners.
4.2.2.KOAN Law Firm provides inup-to-date protective measures to keep confidential data as safe and secure aspossible and to protect them against loss, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately,the transmission of information via the internet and/or any electronic means isnot completely secure. Although KOAN Law Firm does its best to protect confidentialdata, it cannot guarantee the security of these data transmitted by the internetand/or any electronic means and KOAN Law Firm can not be held accountable or liable forany theft, loss or unauthorized use.
4.2.3. Unless specifically agreed to the contrary with the client and only to the extent permitted by law, his/her name or its corporate name, brands and logos are not considered asconfidential and may be used by KOAN Law Firm for its ownmarketing purposes.
V. GENERAL PROVISIONS
6. Governing law and jurisdiction
To the extent permitted by law, the present General Terms and Conditions are governed by Belgian Law only and the courts ofBrussels will have sole jurisdiction in relation to any dispute regarding theseGeneral Terms and Conditions.
Copyright © 2017 – All Rights Reserved.