Effective since: 25/05/2018
We make it a matter of pride to respect the privacy of our users and to treat their personal data in the strictest confidentiality and in accordance with the legislation in force.
1. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA?
KOAN Law Firm is the controller of your personal data.
Here is our complete contact information:
KOAN Law Firm CVBA/SCRL
Terhulpsesteenweg/Chaussée de la Hulpe 166
Belgian business registry (BCE) number: 0654.768.707.
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your data - personal or otherwise - for various reasons which are defined in the followig point (see point 3). It includes the following data:
- your identifying information (surname, first name, marital status, e-mail address, date of birth, address, employer, department, position, telephone number);
- your bank details (credit card number, IBAN and BIC/SWIFT) and invoicing details;
- our communications (by email or other);
- the type of domain with which you connect to the Internet;
- the IP address assigned to you;
- the date and time of your access to our website;
- location data or other data relating to the communication;
- the pages you viewed on our website;
- the type of browser, platform and/or operating system you are using;
- the search engine and the keywords used to find the website;
- your browsing preferences;
- any other personal data required to provide our services;
- any other data that you would communicate to us.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We may also collect data about you through other companies or governmental authorities.
5. ARE YOUR DATA PROTECTED?
6. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
We keep your data for the time necessary to accomplish the objectives pursued (see point 3) and to comply with our legal obligations. Once this goal is achieved, all personal data is deleted or anonymised.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN THEY BE EXERCISED?
You may, at any time, request to verify, access, rectify, delete, transfer and object to the use of your data, as well as request the limitation of such use of your data. To do so, simply send us an email at the following address: [email protected].
8. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR DATA AND TO WHOM ARE THEY COMMUNICATED?
9. DO WE TRANSFER YOUR DATA ABROAD?
We only transfer your data to a non-EU country if it provides a level of protection equivalent to what you can find in your country of residence (for more information, please consult the following link).
10. HOW TO RECEIVE NEWS ABOUT OUR EVENTS, PUBLICATIONS, ETC.?
With your consent or based on our legitimate interest based in particular on our relationship, we will subscribe you to our newsletter and offer you other similar services that may interest you. You can unsubscribe and withdraw your consent to these communications at any time by sending an email to the following address: [email protected].
11. WHAT IS OUR POLICY ON DATA CONCERNING MINORS?
Our website and our services are not targeted to children under the age of 18. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with their personal data without your consent, contact us at the following address: [email protected].
13. WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE?
Lengthy trials do not benefit anyone. In the event of a dispute between us, we commit to give priority to dialogue and openness in search of an amicable solution. You can also contact the Data Protection Authority.