A fully integrated team combining specialist expertise in M&A, corporate and tax law.
We believe that the best way to assist you in a proactive and efficient manner is to adopt a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach, in addition to having a good understanding of your company and the sector in which it operates.
Our experience enables us to provide you with practice-oriented legal support throughout the entire lifecycle of your business, both in the local market and in cross-border situations. We hereby ensure that our clients comply with all rules of governance in its increasingly regulated environment. Moreover, our tax practice is fully integrated in our corporate and M&A practice and mainly focuses on all tax related aspects of a transaction, as to provide you with creative, tailor-made and value-added tax solutions.
Our team provides you with the broad service that your business requires, going from complex corporate transactions to your company’s day-to-day needs.
- Company forms
- Corporate housekeeping/ corporate governance
- Dividend policies
- Financing mechanisms
- Capital increases
- Shareholders’ agreements
- Data room and due diligence preparations
- (Vendor) Due diligence
- Methods of share transfers
- Management participations, stock option plans
- Private equity/ venture capital
- Asset deals/ asset purchase agreements
- Share deals/ share purchase agreements
- Company dispute resolution
- Company restructurings
- Optimizing the tax cost of transactions
- Tax risk analysis
- Negotiating rulings and settlements with the tax authorities
- Defending taxpayers’ interests in lawsuits with the tax authorities
Legal 500 EMEA 2017: “KOAN Law Firm handles traditional M&A transactions, mostly for clients in the media, TMT and biotechnology sectors. The firm advised Caviar Group on its acquisition of a Belgian media and photo agency. Jan Decorte and Pierre Willemart jointly head the group”.